I am an attorney, currently inactive in Washington and Oregon with patent attorney
and engineering experience trained in mediation. Currently I offer mediation services
to help clients Mediation brings two sides together and helps them come to their
own agreement, rather than having a court decide. I help facilitate the two parties
in reaching their own agreement.
As for the process:
- Typically I call each party separately beforehand to get a feel for their general
position and to explain
the mediation process, as well as to confirm who will be attending,
- We meet to try to reach agreement, hopefully in a single day.
- I draft the mediation agreement between the parties, which in the case of a patent
dispute, will serve as the basis of a patent license drafted by the attorneys. I
work with the attorneys to make sure that we
address the various points of a patent license.
- There are no guarantees with mediation that the parties will reach an agreement,
but that is the intent of everyone when we come to mediation to save costs and time
- All mediation costs are split between the parties.
I previously worked as a field electrical and mechanical engineer in power generation
and distribution including transformers and motors. For 18 years as a patent attorney
I worked as outside patent counsel in large and small patent firms, in-house corporate
counsel for a Fortune 20 company and in my own practice.
Disclaimer: The information set forth above has been supplied by the IP professional. Please see the Disclaimer page for further information.